Bulleted notes about the week…the things that made me laugh and smile.
Monday- A magical Monday.
- Having music class in the park! We sang together on a gorgeous, gorgeous fall day. London Bridges, A Ram Sam Sam, Mary Had a Little Lamb, & Baa Baa Black Sheep
- When was the last time you tried to teach a 3 year old to summersault? It means you have to do a summersault first which made me laugh really hard.
- Best snack share to date, fresh picked NY apples and cashew butter from Poland that Mariuzs’s wife made!
- Listening to the 5s & 6s play “Family” for almost an hour.
- All kids participated in the morning walk to school! So cool to see 10 little people walking through their neighborhood on the way to school.
- Shirtless soccer in Central Park with @ryanshollenberger’s crew and a brief discussion of women’s right to be topless in NCY.
- Cooking day! 11 little people armed with peelers. We made apple sauce and only ended up with one bloody knuckle. Impressive for a group of 2-6 year olds!
- We had to say goodbye to Magali for awhile but we got to play with Aaron and it was awesome!
- Making nature jewelry.
- Sewing felt quilts!
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: We were about to leave the beautiful manicured grounds of the Cherry Esplanade when we spotted an amazing fungus growing near the base of a tree. We stopped so I could sketch it and after googling, “tall orangish mushroom with black goo on top,” we found out that it’s called a stinkhorn and it’s awesome.